Terms and Conditions
UK Toremet Charity Accounts Terms and Conditions
This website and associated services are operated by UK Toremet Ltd, a charity registered in England and Wales (Charity Registration Number 1140972) and a company registered in England and Wales (Company Registration Number 07278312). Registered office: Shenkers LLP, 4th Floor, Sutherland House, 70/78 West Hendon Broadway, London NW9 7BT, United Kingdom.
These Terms and Conditions govern the use of this website by visitors and users (or ‘you’, ‘your’), the services that UK Toremet Ltd (or ‘UKT’, ‘we’, ‘our’, ‘us’) provides to users and to the charities users choose to support, as well as responsibilities of users in return. Users include, but are not limited to, donors such as individual or company UKT Charity Account holders and recipient charities.
By using the UK Toremet website you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions please do not use this website.
Using UK Toremet charity donation and fundraising services
1. All funds deposited into a UKT Charity Account including any Gift Aid tax repayment constitute a charitable donation and shall be distributed by UKT according to your instructions to any charitable purpose as defined in paragraph 6 of these Terms and Conditions.
2. UKT will recover Gift Aid on donations to your UKT Charity Account subject to HMRC Gift Aid scheme requirements http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/individuals/giving/gift-aid.htm] and the terms and conditions of our Gift Aid Agreement [link].
3. UKT cannot guarantee to recover Gift Aid where incorrect or ineligible information is provided that may temporarily or permanently disrupt the Gift Aid process.
4. In order to comply with HMRC tax regulations, a UKT Charity Account must be in the name of one account holder only. However you may open a joint or group secondary account and order charity vouchers bearing multiple names.
5. Payment into your UKT Charity Account may be made by cheque, bank transfer (BACS), credit card or direct debit and no transaction fee above that of the service provider will be charged.
6. Donations from your UKT Charity Account may be made to any UK registered charity or to any overseas charity or associated initiative listed as a pre-authorised recipient agency on the list to be found on the UKT website. Donations may only be made to other overseas charities if purely for charitable purposes and at the discretion of the directors of UKT. Donations cannot be used to buy goods and services from charities.
7. UKT reserves the right to remove any fundraising page and/or refuse to distribute a donation:
(a) to any charity that is not registered or recognised in accordance with paragraph 6 and/or
(b) to any charity not operating in accordance with the Memorandum and Articles of Association of UKT (please contact us for a copy of the Memorandum & Articles) and/or
(c) where in the sole opinion of the directors of UKT, the wishes or request of the donor are not possible, practical, ethical or viable or do not fulfil a charitable purpose
8. In case of death all funds in a UKT Charity Account have already been irrevocably donated to charity and do not form part of the deceased’s estate. Undistributed funds will be available for allocation by the deceased’s estate once instructions have been received from the executors.
9. You will not be paid interest on funds in your UKT Charity Account; we normally distribute funds to specified charities within a month and any interest earned by UKT is donated to charitable purposes.
10. UKT reserves the right to retrieve any monies that are paid out in error to any beneficiary for any reason including the misallocation of Gift Aid.
11. If you make a donation from your UKT Charity Account and there are insufficient funds in your account, we will contact you to top-up your account. If we are unable to contact you after 60 days, UKT may cancel your instructions.
12. Notices in connection with your UKT Charity Account are to be provided to UKT’s office at Shenkers LLP, 4th Floor, Sutherland House, 70/78 West Hendon Broadway, London NW9 7BT, United Kingdom, by email [email@example.com] and to the UKT Charity Account holder at the address given by them in their application form or as subsequently notified to and acknowledged by UKT in writing. A UKT Charity Account holder shall provide any new contact details to UKT as soon as practicable.
13. Use of the UKT website and related services is at your sole risk.
14. UKT does not take responsibility for the suitability or nature of any particular recipient or beneficiary or the accuracy of any material uploaded to a fundraising page.
15. UKT will make all reasonable efforts to keep this website in service and secure but does not guarantee uninterrupted secure service. We may carry out website maintenance from time to time and operation of this website and associated devices and data may be interrupted or interfered with by factors outside of our control.
Acceptable use policy
16. You are responsible for all use of the UKT website by you or anyone else using your UKT Charity Account and for preventing unauthorised use of this website and your Account.
17. You must only use this website for legal and proper purposes. You must not make any use of, upload any material or interfere with the operation of this website (or any associated devices or data) or carry out any fundraising activity that is unlawful or illegal or that has any unlawful or illegal effect and/or infringes the intellectual property rights of others and/or causes offence annoyance or inconvenience and/or is not in accordance with the Memorandum and Articles of Association of UKT.
18. UKT reserves the right to immediately and without notice edit or remove any uploaded material, suspend or terminate any UKT Charity Account and/or refuse access to our services to any visitor or user who does not abide by these Terms and Conditions.
19. UKT may report to relevant law enforcement authorities any illegal activity in connection with this website and associated services.
21. UKT will not share information about users with any third party, except where this has been authorised by the user or a person acting with their authority or where this is required in order to provide a product or service to the user or where UKT is legally obliged to do so or in accordance with paragraph 19.
23. All copyrighted material and registered trademarks on this website are the property of their respective owners. Please refer to our intellectual property statement.
24. We will make all reasonable efforts to provide you with quality service at all times. If you have a complaint in relation to any aspect of your UKT Charity Account we will make every effort to resolve the complaint quickly and fairly in accordance with our complaints procedure. Please contact us for a copy of our complaints procedure.
25. This Agreement and any non-contractual obligations arising out of or in connection with it is governed by English law. The parties irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales for the determination of any dispute arising out of or in connection with the use of this website (including in relation to any non-contractual obligations) and each party irrevocably waives any objection to the jurisdiction of those courts on the grounds of inconvenience or otherwise.
26. If any part of this Agreement is found by any court or body or authority of competent jurisdiction to be illegal, unlawful, void or unenforceable, such term shall be deemed to be severed from this Agreement and this shall not affect the remainder of this Agreement, which shall continue in full force.
27. UKT may revise these Terms and Conditions by amending this page at any time without notice. Please check and refresh this page regularly. Continued use of the UKT website will constitute acceptance of any changes.
These Terms and Conditions were last updated on 9th July 2013