Yashar LaChayal – Bringing Israel’s Soldiers What They Need, When They Need It
All Donations Directly Benefit Soldiers
Yashar LaChayal is a unique organization, working tirelessly to provide soldiers in the Israel Defense Forces with whatever they may be lacking or can improve their service. Support from a donor family pays for overhead expenses and ensures that individual donations can be directed to the soldiers’ needs. In addition to providing soldiers with material aid, Yashar LaChayal brings good wishes from all our supporters directly to them, raising morale by reminding them that there is a huge wall of international Jewish support behind them.
From its inception in July 2006, during the height of the Second Lebanon War, Yashar LaChayal has been providing for the needs of Israeli soldiers. Initially, a small group of volunteers worked to collect and package much-needed supplies and transport them directly to the soldiers on the front. When the war ended, the volunteers continued to receive requests for supplies from army commanders. In response to this need, Yashar LaChayal was established as a recognized non-profit organization in Israel and the United States, dedicated to helping Israeli soldiers serving on the front lines and making them more comfortable while they are protecting the Jewish homeland. Our staff and volunteers bring aid directly to the soldiers – Yashar LaChayal, Straight to the Soldier.
Annual campaigns and ongoing projects of Yashar LaChayal include the following:
• Bar and Bat Mitzvah Projects, providing young people with an opportunity to assist Israel’s soldiers by developing a fundraising campaign of their choice and contributing to a specific Yashar LaChayal project.
• The Warm Corner Project, building and maintaining over a dozen rest stations throughout the Israel, where soldiers on patrol are hosted on their breaks in secure, comfortable environment with free food and beverages.
• Hoops for Heroes, hosting dozens of soldiers and injured veterans every week at professional basketball games.
• The Injured Soldier Fund, maintaining a network of dozens of representatives throughout the country who can arrive at their local hospital at a moment’s notice when a soldier is injured, to offer emotional and material support the soldier and his/her family.
• The Bereaved Family Fund, providing support to family members of soldiers who fell defending Israel.
• The Base Enhancements Project, furnishing and equipping rec rooms and gyms on army bases.
• The Needy Soldier Supply Closets, providing soldiers in financial distress with personal goods and toiletries, such as towels, undergarments, shampoo and toothbrushes – the necessities that are usually provided to soldiers by their families but are not readily available for needy soldiers.
• Food Packages for Families of Needy Combat Soldiers, distributed twice annually, for Rosh Hashanah and Passover, nourishing the bodies and the souls of many soldiers and their families.
• The Mishloach Manot for Soldiers Campaign provides opportunities for individuals around the world to sponsor Mishloach Manot packages that are sent directly to the soldiers on their army bases in remote and distant locations.
For additional information, please see our website, www.yasharlachayal.org, as well as facebook.com/yasharlachayal.