Big Brothers and Big Sisters are friends who make a difference.
Big Brothers and Big Sisters are men and women, aged 18-60, who commit to meeting weekly with a child from an isolated single-parent home over an extended period of time. They become a mentor to a youngster who can greatly benefit from having a positive adult role model.
Being a Big Brother or a Big Sister is…
- Impacting profoundly on someone else’s life while enriching yours
- Connecting with your inner child
- Expanding your horizons through the power of one-on-one friendships
- Experiencing little moments full of big magic
- A great way to make a difference in your community
Being a Big Brother or Big Sister is a flexible activity and will fit your busy schedule. Matches are based on shared interests, personality and your volunteer preferences. Bigs and Littles hang out and go to museums, sports events, movies, and more. It’s up to you and your Little! It’s that simple.